Jody contributed to a feature on eLife's approach to peer review.
- Research from Tamar Makin's lab at UCL/Oxford, in collaboration with Scott Macdonald and Jody Culham (Hahamy et al., 2017, Current Biology), has been featured in the media, including The Independent, The Daily Mail, The Sunday Times, Seeker, Technology Networks, and Science Daily.
- BBC Radio 4 did a feature on our work on a patient who can see things that are moving but not things that are stationary (time: 5:00-11:15)
- Dr. Jacqueline Snow's paper in Journal of Neuroscience gets media coverage from South Asian Daily
- Jody Culham gave a public lecture on "How the Mind Can Control Machines" at the London Public Library, London, Ontario
- Jody Culham gave a public lecture on "How Can the Brain Control Machines?" at the Toronto Mini-Maker Faire
- Culham Lab alumna Christine Carter was featured in an online piece by the National Arts Centre.
- Our work with a woman who has a fascinating neurological syndrome was featured on National Public Radio in the US in a piece called "The Blind Woman Who Sees Rain, But Not Her Daughter's Smile." You can hear a 10-min radio interview or see a 3-min video simulating her visual experiences.
- Jody Culham organized a discussion panel on "Publishing 2.0: How can we change the publishing system in researchers' best interests?” Canadian Association for Neuroscience Annual Meeting, Montreal, Quebec.
- Jody Culham participated in an eLife-sponsored online discussion about how scientists can change science publishing and research assessment [see video]
- Jody Culham did a media interview with Global News to discuss "Does new driving technology make us worse drivers?”
- Jody Culham gave a public lecture about "How the Brain Controls the Body" at the London Children's Museum for Research Matters
- The Treachery of Images (Jody Culham) - CBC Radio-Spark with Nora Young
How our brains react to objects versus how we react to images of objects and the implications for our very visual - and virtual - culture
- New brain imaging study advances understanding of how humans use tools (Jody Culham and Jason Gallivan) - Canadian Association for Neuroscience
- Using tools separates humans from monkeys: Study (Jody Culham) - MetroNews London
- Culham appointed to new, innovative journal (Jody Culham) - Western News
- How many brains do you have? (Jody Culham) - Treehouse Talks, Toronto Reference Library
- 12 Medical Breakthroughs Of The Year (Jody Culham and Jason Gallivan) - Reader's Digest.ca
- How to Read Minds: THE FUTURIST Interviews Neuroscientist Jody Culham - The Futurist
- Using fMRI To Tell The Future (Jody Culham and Jason Gallivan) - redOrbit: Your Universe Online
- Scientists read minds to predict hand actions - Brain-driven prosthetics possible, but 'Minority Report' scenario far off (Jody Culham and Jason Gallivan) - CBC News: Technology & Science
- Mind-reading scientists predict what a person is going to do before they do it (Jody Culham and Jason Gallivan) - DailyMail: Science & Tech
- Brain activity making waves (Jason Gallivan) - MetroNews London
- The Centre for Brain and Mind - Research on predicting future actions (Jody Culham and Jason Gallivan) - Western News
- Brainscan breakthrough: Working robot limbs come closer (Jason Gallivan) - The Register
- Scientists move closer to mind reading (Jody Culham and Jason Gallivan) - TGDaily
- Researchers Can Predict Future Actions from Human Brain Activity (Jody Culham and Jason Gallivan) - Science Daily
- CBC Radio Quirks and Quarks 35th Anniversary Show
Jody Culham appears as a panellist to discuss how neuroscience has changed over the previous 35 years.
Jody Culham: More Than an Eye Can see - Research Western